Mayflower Quilters Guild would like to thank Atlantic Fabrics, Avonport Discount Store, It’s Sew Time and Sew with Vision for their support and donations to our Guild.
~ Superstore Bookings ~
Feb 7 and 21
March 7 and 21
April 4 and 18
May 2, 16 and 30
June 13 and 27
Mayflower Quilters’ Guild has booked the Super Store at Joseph Howe Dr in Halifax from 9 am to 2 pm for the above listed dates. The cost is $3 per session.
Want more info about what goes on at Joseph Howe Superstore get-togethers – contact Karen at email@example.com or phone 902-477-3251
~ Local Area Workshops ~
Atlantic Fabrics Sew-In
When: February 17 from 9 a.m. to noon, or possibly all day (will be confirmed).
Where: Atlantic Fabrics, Dartmouth (Woodlawn Mall) .
They are offering their room for free. There will be a presentation by Atlantic Fabrics about what they have to offer and then the rest of the time we can work on a project of our own. The Rail Fence blocks collected from the guild donations will be brought to work on. The classroom holds 16 to 24 people … only room for 16 machines and the rest can do handwork.
When: March 24th 2018, 10:00-16:00.
Instructor: Jane Maddin
Sign up at February meeting, cost is $30.00.
From the Insturctor:
Are you interested in using your domestic sewing machine to quilt your quilts? Then this course might be the one for you. We will start with the walking foot in the morning and explore 4 easy no mark or minimal mark patterns. And in the afternoon we will lower or cover the feed dogs and learn the basics of free motion quilting.
You will need a sewing machine in good working order, with a walking foot, and a darning or free motion foot, a sketch pad and pencil and some practice sandwiches. Details will be available when you sign up for the class
Yours in Quilting,
Free Motion Quilting since 2004
Mayflower Quilters’ Guild Workshops:
To Register for any of our workshops please contact our Workshop Coordinator Marie Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-463-4207
Outside Area Workshops & Retreats:
If you have any information on workshops, please send an email to Membership Director on the Contact Us page
- Membership Renewal: Bruce Taylor will be available to collect your $25 renewal fee (due by November) before the meeting and at the break.
- Executive positions available: Vice President, June dinner co-ordinator
- Facebook page: Please connect with Jane if you are interested in joining the group or are having difficulty getting access
- Name Tags: Please find your name tag (quilted, embellished or otherwise) and wear it at the meeting! It’s always great to put a name to a face and some of us just can’t remember everyone’s name! It a great way to we get to know each other better. Your new presidents have made an executive order… oh no, that’s an executive decision isn’t it… there will be no prizes given to anyone without a name tag on. If you somehow forget your name tag, there will be some available at the sign in desk.
- For our regular meetings, please remember to bring your own drinks, library books, name tags, Show & Share items, Comfort Quilts and a Food Bank Donation. (Non-perishables or personal items such as diapers, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, etc., are gladly accepted.)
- Bravery Beads: Please keep these coming to the meeting for the IWK Bravery Beads program. If you are working on this, please bring the bags to the meeting to give to Cheryl Borden. If you need instructions or assistance, contact her at Cheryl Borden for instructions or assistance.
- 50/50 tickets sold before each meeting – Tickets $1ea, 5 for $3 or 8 for $5. Draw will be after break time with 50% going to winner and 50% going towards guest speakers/presenters/workshop instructors, etc.
The doors will be open at 7 PM with the meeting from 7:30-9:00 PM. Come early to so you don’t miss out on everything going on.